Wednesday, March 19, 2014

I posted my first video on Youtube!


I FINALLY got the guts to record my first video to upload to Youtube. Yay! I have wanted to do this for a while now, at least a year. One of the main reasons I wanted to establish some sort of Youtube presence is that I wanted to prove myself that I am not the "always shy" person I saw myself (and, to a certain extent, still do) for as long as I can remember. I wanted to be able to express in some form my feelings about the "growing up and moving out" process that I have been wracking my brain with. Having said this, I don't think that I have in any sense "arrived" at all, nor do I think I ever will. I am a firm believer of the concept of life as a constantly molding experience. This shows itself in the sort of things that I pursue as a hobby, or something that piques my interest in a way that may or may not be considered the typical or even, expected, path to becoming independent person I know I can and will be. I have been watching Youtube videos ever since I graduated high school in 2010. When I watch certain people on Youtube, and see how they, for lack of a better term, change, because they put themselves out to the entire world, it makes me think about my life and what things are changing me, and do people day to day, observe me, either consciously or subconsciously, and think, "Becca is a different person because of ________ ". This is not what motivates me to refine my skills and hobbies to share with the world. I believe that I have a purpose to live my life as me, not anyone else. As obvious as this sounds, it really is becoming one of the most difficult concepts to master. Starting a Youtube account and recording some videos of what I find interesting or things that I don't know much about is what I want to do for the rest of the year. I hope that through this pursuit, I can be a challenge for people who have "lost" themselves through masking someone they thought they were. I have already checked off a bucket list item by a) creating a blog and b) uploading a video that is posted above. I would really like to get to the point where I post every day or maybe at least once a week. I am pretty sure that there are many people in the world who are in the same life circumstance as me and I hope to connect with those people and re-connect with friends I've already made. :)

<3 Becca <3

No comments:

Post a Comment